The QuEChERS analysis method is a popular solid-phase extraction method used for the analysis of pesticide residues in food. However, there are analytical and logistical limitations during cleanup.
Join our expert talk from Dr. Hans-Joachim Huebschmann, Gwen Lim and Chiew Mei Chong who will present two workflow variations for high sample throughput in online GC-MS and LC-MS analysis.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How the PAL System addresses and facilitates current laboratory demands, including the increase of sample throughput, reduced sample sizes, and preparing for GLP compliance with traceability
- How complex manual workflows are automated with the PAL System: the automated sample preparation is demonstrated with QuEChERS extraction and micro SPE cleanup
- How users of the PAL System create automated workflows using a graphical method composer
Presented by: Günter Boehm, PhD, VP Sample Prep Solutions, CTC Analytics AG
- Learn about the importance of fundamental aspects of sample preparation and modern, sustainable sample preparation technologies
- Find out about the latest innovations in sample preparation in environmental analysis
- Learn about new materials used in sample preparation
For metabolite profiling chemical derivatization has been used to improve MS sensitivity and LC retention. However, for multi-analytes quantification, the number of available isotopically labelled internal standards is limited. And, there is no single workflow which can provide large-scale metabolomics coverage in particular for polar metabolites.
Prof. Gerard Hopfgartner, Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry, Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, University of Geneva recently joined us to discuss his pioneering work in this field. He covered:
• How to use Differential Isotope Labeling (DIL) to help address these issues
• How to generate suitable quantification standards
• How dual DIL with SWATH-MS acquisition enables post-identification of unknown metabolites and
quantitation at precursor (MS1) and specific tag fragment (MS2) levels
Solid Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME) coupled to GC is well established, but SPME Fibers are known to have drawbacks in lifetime and robustness. The new SPME Arrow features a greatly improved mechanical stability and better sensitivity. This webinar features practical aspects in the daily routine of SPME Arrow, and aspects for the comparison towards SPME Fibers. Application examples will include VOCs, PAHs, Fragrances and Off-flavours.
• Learn which parameters can be tuned to boost your SPME Performance
• Expected lifetime, throughput and sensitivity of SPME Fibers and SPME Arrows
• Simple tips and tricks in the daily routine use of SPME
CTC Analytics AG
T +41 61 765 81 00