PAL Smart SPME Fibers: Optimized for automation
A fast, safe and reliable sample preparation is the key factor for high producitvity and reduced costs per sample. PAL3 Series II with Smart Technology in combination with Smart consumables provides the required process safety and effectivity.
- Excellent extraction properties combined with Smart handling and operational safety
- Each SPME Fiber is equipped with its unique Smart chip containing parameters, ranges and usage history
- Automatic application of the correct parameters for the individual Smart SPME Fibers
- Color Code for easy identification of coating type and thickness
Since its introduction by Pawliszyn et al. (ref. 1) Solid Phase Micro Extraction (SPME) has seen a tremendous development. SPME is a very effective way of automated sample preparation. It is used for extracting organics from a matrix (solid, liquid or gaseous) into a stationary phase immobilized on a fiber. The analytes are thermally desorbed directly in the injector of a gas chromatograph.
PAL SPME Fibers have been developed and optimized for the most successful SPME sampler, the PAL System Autosampler. The fibers are offered with different coatings and film thicknesses. Their excellent extraction properties have been proven for many important applications.
Detailed information on the specifications and handling of Smart SPME Fibers are available. For automation of SPME with the PAL RTC and PAL RSI a SPME Tool is available, as well as an Agitator Module for agitation/sample enrichment at up to 200°C and a SPME Fiber Conditioning Module.
Fully automated SPME fiber selection and method development is now possible due to Robotic Tool Change. Read Poster...
(1) Detection of substituted benzenes in water at the pg/ml level using solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-ion trap mass spectrometry.
Potter DW, Pawliszyn J.
J Chromatogr. 1992 Nov 20;625(2):247-55.
(2) Full automation of derivatization--solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry with a dual-arm system for the determination of organometallic compounds in aqueous samples.
Parkinson DR, Bruheim I, Christ I, Pawliszyn J.
J Chromatogr A. 2004 Jan 30;1025(1):77-84.
PAL Smart SPME Fibers work with all the PAL3 Systems. To use the Smart capabilities (ID, traceability, usage history) of the Smart SPME Fiber the PAL3 Series II System is required.